Monday, July 14, 2014


My Etsy Shop, Hutson Hollow Rugs

Picking a name for my shop was hard. Hutson Hollow Rugs, takes up most of the space allowed for your shop name on, Etsy. I wanted to use my last name and the word hollow since I work from my home, which sits in the woods. That left few spaces to describe my shop products.

I design and sell crochet rag rugs made from recycled fabric. Recently, I added crocheted rag baskets and hot pads. The process for making these are the same as that of rag rugs, with single crochet stitches for strength and resilience. So, I am going to leave the name of my shop as is. My niche market should appreciate other items that are rag crochet.

Some appealing aspects with rag crochet is that using upcycled fabrics is eco-friendly. Rag crochet or fabric crochet items are long lasting and tough. They often bring back nostalgic memories of grandma's house.


No comments: